jan hendrik brueggemeier on Sat, 5 Mar 2016 05:52:35 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Return of the F-scale - and How to Respond

   Hi Alex -

   Just a quick question from my end. The topic of spirituality does get
   mentioned occasionally on nettime. I remember Marc Stahlman describing
   Norbert Wiener as a spiritual Tolstoyian...:) I also believe that
   majority on this list would agree with you that what we try to capture
   with "the left" in an antiquated way feels a bit "spiritless". On a
   personal note having moved to Australia from Europe I find it very
   intriguing to see how progressive/left/anarcho/envrionmental " protest"
   movement attempt to facilitate indigenous spirituality in the movements
   in Australia.

   However, I wonder if you could share / elaborate or enlighten us a
   little more on your thoughts on how to link your concept of "political
   theology" with 1) praxis as in individual and collective acts in the
   everyday and 2) scale of organisation which might relate to Geert &
   Ned's organised networks or Patrice`s " reduction of scale ". This
   would be particularly interesting in order to put into context the
   efforts of the current pope, who is doing well on this front but still
   operates within the organisation structure of the Catholic church and
   its inherent agenda. It would also make it clearer to me what
   distinguishes your thinking from a mere renaming exercise, which may or
   may not in itself could help the discussion (although I must admit that
   I am not feeling this yet ... ;)).

   Best
   Jan