Johnatan Petterson on Wed, 7 Nov 2018 01:48:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Fascist "trolls," meta

hy.
thank you for the thoughts suggested into me from your writing.
i have obviously not been educated enough in US Politics to find an audience in my reply,
i wish i knew if the Toqueville book i am currently reading on Democracy in USA
(shall along my further reading )cross refer(s ) this following idea  from Arendt On Revolution.
ie.It seems in On Revolution Arendt elaborates on the French Revolution, she seems
to say it defers from Founding Fathers in that they had no guidance from the Bible.
i would say you could find in Nazi preoccupation with OldGreek architecture and Viennese architecture
somekind of an ideal, just like the memes within our modern civilisations. it something which perhaps
a philosopher would call a Limit, a Horizon, a Value or a Metric. this explains why the Barbarians had somehow a religion,
even if they did not believe in the Common Good. I would not be surprised to discover (later, in Toqueville) that the Founding Fathers of your Democracy
believed in some Common Good. yet believing in the Common Good is quite difficult, is quite exceptional, which explains why perhaps Arendt
could say (i have not read that book on Eishmann) this was just another a ordinary man. the Horizon certainly was a Monster. i am
curious to discover everything about his sexual approach to this. it is like Spinoza something it is possible to enjoy,
laugh at, even if from a distance, limited, by any means imaginable?

I wrote this some time ago on the media's fascination with Nazi profile pieces: https://s0metim3s.com/2017/12/05/arendt-banality-nazism/