Joseph Rabie on Sun, 24 Mar 2019 12:32:54 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> rage against the machine

Dear all,

I find it noteworthy that the call to burn at the stake, opposed by Andreas, has been endorsed by male members of this list. Let us remember that it was invented as retribution against women accused of witchcraft, that is to say practises considered subversive by the male theocratic power structure of the time.

Burning at the stake was crude technology. The 20th century variant, crematoria and gas chambers, were far more efficient.

Language is never just language.

Joe.