Heiko Recktenwald on Sun, 7 Jul 2019 16:42:48 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Nettime is in bad shape. Let's see if we can change it.

Am 07/07/19 um 14:08 schrieb John Preston:
> I am interested in build a new computer that is drastically simpler than
> what we currently have, and with some different things to focus on in
> its design (eg computer as a document system before a calculator).

Isnt that something like WWW v. Gopher?

What is necessary and what do we want? I am still a friend of usenet and
mailling lists as this one and even the textbrower lynx that goes under
most paywalls and makes also the reading of other newspapers much faster.

We are not much more than poets without a clue. Most important seems to
be language. That words still have a meaning in our times of the tower
of Babel. This is a very good story in that very good very old book.
Experiences of mankind.

H.