Geoffrey Goodell on Tue, 20 Aug 2019 13:19:28 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> It goes beyond the Meat Loaf Problem

And this quote from Mark Mobius:

“Up to now, the UK is riding on the coat-tails of the EU, in the sense that
[the UK] can have very low interest rates,” Mr Mobius told the FT at an event
in New York this week hosted by the Emerging Markets Investors Alliance. “As
soon as they break, people are going to start looking hard and fast. The rating
agencies will say ‘wait a minute, no more EU association? We’ve got to
downgrade.’”

https://www.ft.com/content/ede38978-505f-11e9-b401-8d9ef1626294