podinski on Wed, 11 Sep 2019 22:13:08 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> 20 years of Indymedia: Where are we now ?!

Hi Matze,

i tried recently to follow and catch-up on the debacle of linksunten and
state censorship...
and picked up the pamphlet :
verboten ! zur Kriminalisierung von Indymedia linksunten
via Rote Hilfe e.v.

but havent yet had time to get thru it.

re: the issue of the liberated webs and copy left...
i have begun to think that another unexpected + massive fallout has
occurred with all this online free content falling into... the Titan
grip...

and in the idealism of trying to " common-ize" and/or "dismantle
capitalism" on the net, but not in the AFK world... as the majority of
us still live in the realms of landlord strangleholds...

protection of labor and the livelihoods of content producers and indy
publishers + DIY distro merchants was not very well considered... in the
eco-systems of books, media, data, small business and shop owners...
and people's having to make their money to survive... pay rent.... or
recoup their production budgets ( see Astra Taylor's The People's
Platform )...

Copyright is a completely re-openable subject... of hot debate....

which HKW is also being revisited again this year ( 100 Years Of
Copyright and Part 2 : Right the Right...  this Nov. )
... but i am not so hopeful they will handle the topic radically enough,
because in the end they are already looking for tech solutionism to fill
in the grim situations... ie blockchain in the music industry ?

but no time to get very sophisticated in that beastly and tedious topic.

cheers,
p.