Alan Sondheim on Tue, 5 Nov 2019 16:06:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook

I read about this - it sounds amazing, and working through consensus is brilliant. Fb is different, however; it's taken me a long time to build community that 'works for me' on it, people worldwide who are interested in the kinds of media art, music, theory, that I'm interested in. So there's a kind of flow, give and take, that's valuable (especially for those of us who have no institutional support). I feel oddly nomadic in this regard. But it's important for me to connect with online work and network projects, for example, with participants everywhere, reading documents from Nauru re: refugee conditions.

- Alan