José María Mateos on Fri, 3 Jun 2022 23:23:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Fwd: [farber@keio.jp: [IP] CCRC/IP-Asia June 6, 9pm JST: Jeff returns - The United States of Anonymous]

Hi,

This might be of interest to members of the list. I've attended a few of these virtual encounters and they're very, very interesting.

I'm currently enjoying "ReadMe!" and many of the discussions there could have been chapters of the book. One thing is what's planned, another what ends up being talked about, specially the conversations prior to the start of the actual event. Make sure to connect one hour to half an hour before, if that's feasible.

----- Forwarded message from ファーバーデイビッド J <farber@keio.jp> -----

Subject: [IP] CCRC/IP-Asia June 6, 9pm JST: Jeff returns - The United States
	of Anonymous
From: ファーバーデイビッド J <farber@keio.jp>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 17:54:57 +0900
To: Ip Ip <ip@ip.topicbox.com>

Dear CCRC colleagues and friends

As part of our ongoing activities, Keio University Cyber Civilization Research Center, David Farber and Dan Gillmor are continuing their weekly online gathering over Zoom.

CCRC/IP-Asia is a platform for sharing new ideas, exchanging information and getting around people with common interests. We have had a good crowd from East and West to discuss topics ranging from network infrastructure to media & disinformation to supply chains to information tracing, and much more. Here is the list of previous topics that we've discussed: https://www.ccrc.keio.ac.jp/cyber-ipasia/

In the coming session, Professor Jeff Kosseff will talk about his new book, The United States of Anonymous, which traces the history of legal protections for anonymous speech in the United States. The discussion will consider the costs and benefits of anonymous speech, and compare the legal protections in the United States with those of other countries.

Note Professor Kosseff has requested that we not record his comments, So don’t miss.

We hold these conversations every Monday! Please invite people you think can contribute to the discussion.

Put this on your calendar: Monday, 9 pm (2100) JST on June 6, 2022.
(EST: 8am | BST: 1pm | CEST 2pm )

Here is the link for this Zoom gathering:
https://zoom.us/j/966864863?pwd=bXNmR3ZBUVJOdzE1VExZZHhsM1Y2Zz09
Password: 076743

See you on Monday!

Dave and Dan

PS: The meeting is held under the Chatham House Rule. Here's what that means: "When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed

----- End forwarded message -----

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org