David Mandl on Mon, 7 Apr 1997 04:48:25 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> Ivo Skoric/Uncle Soros: The First Capitalist Dissident

>>From iskoric@igc.org Thu Apr  3 22:03:10 1997
>Subject: Uncle Soros: The First Capitalist Dissident

[...]

>[Forbes magazine] accuses Soros's Open
>Society Institute for picking the recycled communists to run his
>operations there. This is true. He, however, does not mention that
>their opponents, lauded in the article, are recycled communists as
>well. The problem with post-communist countries is that ALL
>politically active persons except for my generation (30) or younger,
>are former communists.

It's clear enough to me: they'd prefer it if he had Americans running it.

I never read Forbes, so I was glad to see that piece.  What a bunch of nuts.

   --Dave.

--
Dave Mandl
dmandl@panix.com