Geert Lovink on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:02:49 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> FREE B92 ANNOUNCES - NETAID 2 - June 15, 1999

From: Maurice Wessling <maurice@xs4all.nl>

PRESS RELEASE

June 4, 1999

FREE B92 ANNOUNCES - NETAID 2 - June 15, 1999

'Gather together with us in cyberspace, where everybody is listening to
you!'

The Free B92 team invites you to join us for the second installment of
NetAid - the unique live webcast that last month sent sounds and lifted
spirits around the globe. NetAid - 2 takes place on June 15, 1999, on
the following URL:

http://www.freeb92.net

This 24-hour live music forum follows the great success of the NetAid -
1, which was held on May 15, 1999, on the 10th birthday of the banned
independent Belgrade broadcaster - B92. Highlights from NetAid - 1
include Sonic Youth in concert, a live stream from Mike Watt in
California, a specially recorded song by Anastasia, the dedicated
broadcast of Vienna's FM4 to NetAid, and exclusive mixes by John
Acquaviva, Charlie Hall, Miles Hollway, B.L.I.M., Jamie Myerson,
Electric Indigo and others.

NetAid is primarily an artistic venture, which seeks to harness the
creative energy of music to counter the forces of destruction and to
express the power of peace. NetAid is not a typical benefit action, as
the primary goal is to collect music and to benefit from your art rather
than from your money.

HOW CAN YOU JOIN IN AND SUPPORT NETAID - 2?

Music

We need exclusive music that represents you - it could be anything, from
one song to a whole concert. We accept your MP3 files, CDs, MD and DAT
tapes, from any sound source. If you can organize a live stream from
your studio, just let us know!

Material can be sent to our snail mail address:
Help B92/NetAid
De Balie
Kleine-Gartman Plantsoen 10
1017 RR Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Our e-mail address (Gordan Paunovic, event organiser) is:
gpaunovic@hotmail.com

For further details on FTP or Real Audio Server, please write to the
above e-mail address.

Support messages

If you support NetAid, and our goal to oppose the use of violence as a
means to solve political problems, and are not able to organize a live
stream session or send us any music right now, you can still join in.
Just send us a support message to our voice box at the following number:

+31 20 4216439

For more info. on Free B92 and our NetAid archives check out our
website:

http://www.freeb92.net

Thank you for you support, and see and hear you on NetAid - 2, June 15,
1999!

FreeB92-NetAid team

---