Karoly Toth on Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:09:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] ZEROGLAB NANOFESTIVAL v.01 - CALL FOR ON-LINE WORKS

ZEROGLAB - NANOFESTIVAL v.01 - CALL

22:11 1/14/03

NANOFESTIVAL v.01  -- CALL FOR ON-LINE WORKS

%keywords = "film, automat, software-art, on-line festival, nano,
web-movie, "

We invite film makers, artists, students, programmers and
designers to contribute works to the Nanofestival and
share it with the internet community.
Our aim is to create an open source pool for extreme
short web-movies and software-art. This time we want
especially encourage creative people from Middle and Eastern Europe
to submit, since these countries has a very long tradition
of progressive film culture.
Naturally, every one from any continent, country or non-country, is
also warmly welcomed.

Nanofestival v.01 is a no-budget, on-line art festival for extreme
short (!max. 10 sec.!) web movies  and software art.
The event is organized by ZEROGLAB, an independent digital art-lab
in Rotterdam. <http://www.xs4all.nl/~are>
We are planning the festival as a fast sequence of events,
with a different theme every time.

THE THEME OF THE FESTIVAL THIS TIME = AUTOMAT
(the next theme = HOLE)

The contributed works for AUTOMAT are going to be screened at ZECHS
in The Hague on 30 March 2003.
The ZECHS event is organized by the architect/design studio
v.l.n.r. (from left to right) of Denis Oudendijk:
http://www.vlnr.info/.

If you like the idea and want to participate, please fill
the entry form at the end of this page and send it to:
Károly Tóth  <mailto:nanofestival@xs4all.nl>
Please include: "nanofestival v.01 submission" in the subject line.

Want to host the next nanofest? Send an email to:
<nanofestival@xs4all.nl>

Nanofestival website: <http://www.xs4all.nl/~are/html/nano.html>

THE JURY
Anybody can be part of the festival jury,
by using the polls of the festival office to vote.

We have set up an on-line festival office at Yahoo!.
This is going to be the place where you can post messages, art
critique, papers, vote for your favorite film and art software,
exchange ideas, etc. In order to use all the features of
the festival office, like voting, you should sign up.
It is free, and you can unsubscribe yourself any time.

----------

1. Deadline for submissions: (+/-) 15 February 2003

2. We accept submissions in three categories:

a. WEBMOVIES:
Maximum length: 10 seconds
Maximum picture size: 720X576
Maximum file size: 5 MB
File formats: avi, (plain)mpeg, gif, mov, wmf, pd
Please use no exotic video/audio codecs; Indeo video or alike is
just fine.

b. FLASH MOVIES
Maximum length: 10 seconds
Maximum file size: 500 KB
Please make public your flash document (*.fla file) as well.

c. SOURCECODE OF SOFTWARE ART
Maximum file size: 500 KB
File format: plain ASCII text files only, no executables.
We accept contributions for the following softwares / programming
languages:
pd (pure data)
jmax
proce55ing
web3d / vrml
html
java
java script

links to some art-software related web pages:

pure data        = <http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/>
jmax             = <http://www.mamalala.de>
proce55ing       = <http://proce55ing.net>
Web3d/VRML       = <http://www.parallelgraphics.com> &
                   <http://www.web3d.org>
java/java script = <http://www.programmingtutorials.com>

3. CONTRIBUTION / MODERATION / ETC.
Anyone can contribute. After sending your entry form, please place
your work at your own website, or in a place where anyone can access
it.
We have only a limited web space on our own, so we are not able to
store large movie files.

Please make sure, your web links are working by 20 March 2003

3. COPYRIGHT ISSUES
By submitting your work to the festival, you agree that you let
others copy,
distribute, display, and perform your work and derivative works based
upon it but for noncommercial purposes only, and only if they give
you credit.
Please read the full license text:
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/1.0>

4. ENTRY FORM:

---- begin form ----

ENTRY FORM NANOFESTIVAL V.01

Artwork URL:

Artist(s) name:

Artwork title:

Year of creation:

Artist statement (if any):

Contact name:

Contact email address:

Web site:

Contact mail address:

Telephone:

Technical specifications:

{please note: The artworks must run on an average PC.
Please specify video/audio codecs, Web browser or/and player and
settings, which your work is tested on/with.}

Other (cv, notes, etc.):

---- end form ----