Johan Oomen on Mon, 8 Mar 2004 00:40:27 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] DIVERSE Conference Final Call Due April 9

(apologies for cross posting)

The Fourth International DIVERSE Conference on Video and Videoconferencing in Education. INHOLLAND University, Amsterdam, 28 – 30 June 2004

<<<THE DEADLINE FOR CONTRIBUTIONS IS EXTENDED>>>
           ** Submissions are due Friday April 9th 2004 **

Online registration for the conference is now active. Link at: www.inholland.com. The Call for Papers and Submission and Presenter Guidelines are also to be found here.

Note that DIVERSE is always a very friendly, high quality event, and this year there is the attraction of accommodation on boats in Amsterdam harbour (or on land for those with a fear of water!) And of course Amsterdam is one of Europe's great destinations with much to see including the wonderful Van Gogh permanent exhibition.

So whatever you interest in video and/or videoconferencing, whether sophisticated or simply fit-for-purpose, this is the leading conference in the world.  It attracts teachers, researchers, academics, learning technologists, support staff etc.  Although it has a strong focus on higher education, staff from other education sectors, public and private, are very welcome to present or just attend. We guarantee you will not be disappointed.

The Advance Program will be online in early April.
We are pleased to announce that Professor James L. Morrison from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill will give a keynote address. He is Editor-in-Chief of the peer-reviewed bimonthly periodical The Technology Source and Professor Emeritus of Education. Link at: http://horizon.unc.edu/conferences/ for a short biography.

<<<Please forward this mail to all colleagues who might be interested in the conference.>>>

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Amsterdam.

Chris O'Hagan
Conference Chair

Johan Oomen, Pieter van Parreeren, Tom Visscher
Local Organizers