DNK on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:33:16 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Monday 23 April - [ Schnack - Chris Forsyth - Audile ]

DNK amsterdam - concert series for new live electronic and acoustic music.

Monday 23 April, 21:30

This weeks DNK offers three very different approaches to elecrto acoustic music.

Schnack is a highly refined duo of electronics and trombone from Cologne. This spring they have been recording at Steim and we get a sneak preview of what they've been working on.

The Brooklyn based guitarist Chris Forsyth (a founder member of 'psi') explores the limits and usage of sound [with] the guitar as a sound generating device.

Finally we have Audile: The filtratrion of dj sniff's hip hop turntablism through electro acoustic methods coupled with Yutaka Makino's knowledge of psycho-acoustic phenomena and spacial perception makes Audile a very hip young group in this scene. dj sniff (Takuro Mizuta Lippt) is one of the current artistic directors of STEIM.

Set 1:

Schnack

Uli Böttcher - Electronics
Paul Hubweber - Trombone

Set 2:

Chris Forsyth

solo electric guitar

Set 3:

Audile

Yutaka Makino - laptop
dj sniff - turntable and electronics

--------

DNK amsterdam
new live electronic and acoustic music

Every Monday September through June
OT301 studios 1 & 2. 21:30
Overtoom 301, Amsterdam
Entrance: €4
info@dnk-amsterdam.com
http://www.dnk-amsterdam.com

Funded by:
VSB Fonds
Fonds voor Amateurkunst en Podiumkunsten
Fonds voor Podiumprogrammering en Marketing