Stichting Outline on Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:40:54 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] outLINE presents: joanneke meester - playground

   uitnodiging
you are cordially invited to the opening of the solo exhibition

joanneke meester - âplaygroundâ

*opening sunday 10th june  16.00 - 18.00 hrs
introduction by marten jongema*
curator exhibitions stedelijk museum amsterdam

exhibition until 7th july 2007

Joanneke Meester [Purmerend, 1966] studied at the academie of fine arts
and the Sandberg Institute.
Her installations, statues and videos are the result of a study into the
buried violence present in every human being.

The stream of images from near and far reaching us through the media
gives rise to the themes that Joanneke Meester expresses so probingly.
âThis stream of, sometimes horrible, images makes that we become inured
to what we see and tend to accept it, distancing ourselves from it as a
protection. I realise how easy it is to distance ourselves from thingsâ.
In her work Meester researches these borders; the feasibility as well as
the vulnerability of people.

Joanneke Meester is represented by gallery Artspace Witzenhausen. The
second of September they will open the gallery season with an
installation of Meester âNeed Youâ.

NRC handelsblad 2 june 2007 by Lucette ter Borg

article NRC pdf english
<http://www.outlineamsterdam.nl/nl/programma/2007/joanneke_meester_en.pdf>
article NRC pdf nederlands
<http://www.outlineamsterdam.nl/nl/programma/2007/joanneke_meester_nl.pdf>

the artist is present at the opening.

further press | image inquiries, please e-mail to: info@outlineamsterdam.nl
contact: christine van den bergh [curator], m +31 [0]6.51399954

stichting outLINE, oetewalerstraat 73, 1093 md amsterdam
t +31 [0]20.6931389, www.outlineamsterdam.nl

with special thanks to:

eurogenie www.eurogenie.com
children fay hagedorn, gregor fisscher, lulu heine
maas bronkhuyzen, sem de keijser
dani kang graphic effects, frans van erkel editing
marijn de vlaming translations