Richard Reekers on Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:26:00 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] facebook? exit! | Re: Alan Shapiro in Amsterdam

Interesting, a lecture given by Mr. Shapiro, a "technologist" and "futurist". However, more and detailed info is to be found at his facebook-page.

And that's a pity, really.

facebook and alike; new/hyper technology companies based upon a classic-conservative earning model: take as much cash as you can.

We're at the midst of cumulative developments and at the dawn of unprecedented times. We've got to make choices. 'Wealth is more than money' is one of them, and facebook doesn't travel that way. Too bad though, but exit Shapiro.

Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geert Lovink" <geert@xs4all.nl>