PAVILION [journal for politics and culture] on Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:08:06 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Marina Albu la Cluj

PAVILION

/for english please scroll down

Performance la Cluj

Marina Albu feat. Lila Avramescu
Din cap pÃnÄ-n picioare

Vineri, 21 iunie 2013, 21:30

@Platforma din faÈa clubului LaGazette
CetÄÈuie, Cluj-Napoca

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/397974920322904/

Marina Albu se va afla pentru prima datÄ la Cluj ÃncercÃnd prin performance Èi instrumentele conexe activitÄÈii sale artistice sÄ ridice semne de Ãntrebare Èi sÄ genereze un spaÈiu de dezbatere.

"Pe durata unei ore Åi jumÄtate, vom repera elemente care ne construiesc corpul, le vom pune la ÃndoialÄ simbolicul Èi rolurile, le vom Ãntoarce pe toate pÄrÈile Èi vom inventa noi moduri de a le percepe Èi utiliza. Ãn plus, elementele unice care ne construiesc imaginea vor fi puse pe tavÄ pentru a fi alese pe rÃnd, pigulite sau tocate mÄrunt. ÃmpÄrÈim corpul Èi apoi Ãl reconstruim, testÄm noul mod Èi ne uitÄm Ãn oglindÄ. Anatomia e istorie Èi vederea Ãn spaÈiu e fizicÄ. Ne mÄsurÄm din priviri Èi ne recunoaÈtem Ãn celÄlalt. SÄ fim pe poziÈii, noi!" (Marina Albu)

Marina Albu este unul dintre cei mai interesanÈi artiÈti ai momentului. A expus la Bucharest Biennale 5; Slade Research Centre; The Big Screen Project Sixth Avenue, New York; WHITE BOX Gallery, New York; TR Warsawa, Warsow; Muzej Vojvodine, Novi Sad; Muzej 25. Maj, Belgrade; Platforma, BucureÈti; Fisk Gallery, Bergen; The Victorian Vaults, London; Pavilion, BucureÈti; Electroputere, Craiova; Salonul de Proiecte, BucureÈti, Èi multe altele. LucreazÄ cu text scris, viu grai, intervenÈii Ãn spaÈiu, fotografie, instalaÅie Åi video. O preocupÄ viaÈa de zi cu zi, evenimentele extra-ordinare, oamenii Èi modelarea lor de cÄtre factori interni Èi externi (lor?), gÃndurile Èi fenomenele. Unii o considerÄ artistÄ activistÄ, dar ea nu ar spune niciodatÄ aÈa ceva despre sine. NÄscutÄ Ãn 1984 la ConstanÈa, trÄieÈte Èi lucreazÄ la BucureÈti.

Performance organizat de GergÅ HorvÃth.
Produs de Pavilion (www.pavilioncenter.ro) & Bucharest Biennale (www.bienalabucuresti.ro)

Eveniment realizat cu spriinul: PrimÄria Åi Consiliul Local Cluj-Napoca, Visit Cluj, La Gazette.
SusÈinut de: Grolsch, Euro Gsm.

Fotografie pentru Reforma de CodruÈ Sebastian NeguÈ.

--

Performance

Marina Albu feat. Lila Avramescu
From head to toe

Friday, 21 iunie 2013, 21:30

@Platform in front of the club LaGazette
CetÄÈuie, Cluj-Napoca

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/397974920322904/

Marina Albu will be visiting Cluj for the first time to try and raise some questions and to generate a space for debate, through a performance and the connected artistic endeavours.
"For one and a half hour we will try and pinpoint elements that construct our bodies, question their simbolism and roles, turn them on all sides and we will invent new ways to perceive and use them. Also, the unique elements that construct our image will be put on a tray to be chosen one by one, will pe picked at or chopped into tiny pieces. We will give out the pieces and than put them back together, test the new method and we will look into the mirror. Anatomy is history and spatial view is physics. We will measure ourselves with our eyes and we will recognize ourselves in others. We will stand our ground, us!" (Marina Albu)

Marina Albu is one of the most interesting artist at the moment. She participated in exhibitions at the Bucharest Biennale 5; Slade Research Centre; The Big Screen Project Sixth Avenue, New York; WHITE BOX Gallery, New York; TR Warsawa, Warsaw; Muzej Vojvodine, Novi Sad; Muzej 25. Maj, Belgrade; Platforma, Bucharest; Fisk Gallery, Bergen; The Victorian Vaults, London; Pavilion, Bucharest; Electroputere, Craiova; Salonul de Proiecte, Bucharest and many others. She works with written text, spoken word, spatial interventions, photography, installations and video. She's preoccupied with day-to-day life, extra-ordinary events, people and their shaping by external and internal factors (their?), thoughts and occurences. Some consider her an activist artist, altough she would never say something like that about herself. Born in 1984 in ConstanÈa, she lives and works in Bucharest.

Performance organized by GergÅ HorvÃth.
Produced by Pavilion (www.pavilioncenter.ro) & Bucharest Biennale (www.bienalabucuresti.ro)

With the help of: Cluj-Napoca City Hall, Visit Cluj, La Gazette.
Supported by: Grolsch, Euro Gsm.

---
PAVILION center for contemporary art & culture
proudly supported by UniCredit Tiriac Bank

Str. C.A. Rosetti nr. 36 (crossing with Str. Jean Louis Calderon),
Bucharest 020015, Romania

T: + 4 021 310 5469
E: pavilion@pavilionmagazine.org
www.pavilioncentre.ro

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pavilionjournal

---
PAVILION (proudly supported by UniCredit Tiriac Bank) este un centru pentru arta si cultura contemporana, un spatiu independent work-in-progress, spatiu de productie si cercetare a vizualului, a discursivului si a performativului. Este un spatiu al gandirii critice  care promoveaza o Ãntelegere implicata socio-politic a artei si a institutiilor culturale.

PAVILION (proudly supported by UniCredit Tiriac Bank) is a center for contemporary art & culture, a work-in-progress independent space, a space for the production and research in the fields of audiovisual, discursive and performative. It is a space of critical thinking, and it promotes an artistic perspective implying the social and political involvement of art and of cultural institutions.

---

This is a project by PAVILION - journal for politics and culture.
www.pavilionjournal.org

---
PAVILION, BUCHAREST BIENNALE and PAVILION CENTER are projects devised and founded by Razvan Ion and Eugen Radescu

---
Institutional Partners:
Netherlands Embassy in Bucharest
Embassy of the United States in Bucharest
FSPUB - Faculty of Political Science
University of Bucharest
CNI Coresi
IASPIS
Alert Studio
Romanian Cultural Institute
Rumanska Kulturinstitutet Stockholm
Make A Point
BAM - Flamish Institute for Visual, Audiovisual and Media Art
Nana - natural food
Cinema Union
Arhiva Nationala de Filme
White Night of the Galleries