integer on Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:11:09 +0100 (CET)

Syndicate: selection of time-based works

>from
>http://www.videonale.org/selectjury.htm
>
>>the videonale 9 selection jury, consisting of georg elben, s<F6>ren grammel, ma
>ria
>Lind, silke otto-knapp and nicolaus schafhausen chose 31 productions by
>altogether 36 artists (some working in teams) from over 1500 entries
>
>>the selection jury took six full days for the viewing and discussion of the
>tapes. an additional week<B9>s time was taken for making the final decisions.
>
>my question is: how jury consists of 5 members can look 1500 + videos in 6
>days?
>[and 14 urls, if belived fwd-re nn mail @ syndicate; urls are not mentioned
>at videonale public reports]
>jury suppose to work together, is't it?
>
>my point is that video and net art are time-based works ... fast-forwarding
>or fragmented look of the video works or urls misses that point ...
>
>first round:
>6 days = 144 hours = 8640 minutes !!! with no sleep !!!
>8640 minutes : 1500 entries = less than 6 minutes
>
>theoretically !!! with no sleep !!! ... what about practically?
>
>in contrary, second round 'additional week<B9>s time was taken for making the
>final decisions' sounds ok for me ...
>
>so, i put under question first round of selection.
>can we belive that jury took a look at works and not at names?

well - as indicated previously they certainly have not accessed my entry.

amicalement.nn

-
Netochka Nezvanova      - the spreading web like rhythm we towards inch with
f3.MASCHIN3NKUNST   - each impression yes +?
@www.eusocial.com
17.hzV.tRL.478