Syndicate admin on Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:18:15 +0200 (CEST)

Syndicate: Jaka Zeleznikar: _censorship, syndicate & nn

[<jaka@jaka.org> *ns*bscribed from Syndicate on 15 Aug 2001 before posting
to the Syndicate list - that's why his message bounced and not because of
censorship]

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 02:10:35 +0200
From: Jaka Zeleznikar <jaka@jaka.org>
To: syndicate <syndicate@eg-r.isp-eg.de>
Subject: _censorship, syndicate & nn

Dear Inke, Andreas, Eric, Lorenzo, Syndicate members

#_1 Inke, Andreas, Eric
#_2 new list ?
#_3 Lorenzo

# 1
Inke, Andreas, Eric

I respect very much the work you and some other people put into the
Syndicate.

Still i disagree with the way Syndicate is working: censorship and off
list decision making.
This is not only about nn - it's about general attitude to the list.

Nn beside some relevant and poetic statements also bringed a disturbing
noise to the list, this i agree. Still i think mail filter is better
solution then censorship.

I was accused of being 'opinion maker' on Syndicate. Not true.
I joust wished to actively participate in something i considered as
'my*' mailing list.

*meaning: i felt like part of it

But don't worry, i will take very passive role on the list in the future
if i will not [x]ns[x]bscribe from it. So your opinion will not be
disturbed by a member.

And syndicate will became more peaceful, we-all-agree list?
(Not to be taken to seriously and not completely as a joke.)

#_2
Idea of 'free-syndicate@jaka.org' / another list - first i took this as
insult but more that i think about it more i like the idea. There is
tension on Syndicate list.

By creating another free, unmoderated (net/web art) list problem is
solved, nobody have to [x]nsubscribe from Syndicate and complain about
censorship, some people get what they wish (i don' think only to nn if
nn would s[x]bscribe to it at all) and other on Syndicate don't get what
they don't wish.

A list not against/for Syndicate, not Syndicate+nn and alike and not
for/against nn. For all kind of experimental and already established
(web net online ...) art or art related things. And definitely with no
words: 'syndicate' and 'jaka' in the name.

If you have some thoughts on that, have software know how, web space,
server, idea for the name, to much money, statement against creation of
something like that, to tell me this exist already ... please contact me
(jaka@jaka.org + cc: shareartware@netscape.net). So if there is some
interest we can create temporary and open list to plan how to create
such list (+ web archive of so far nonpublic mails).

#_3
To Lorenzo: in net communication we tend to be over emotional, but to
express a dead wish is a stupid thing to do.
(Try to do the same and mention one of important + famous politic and
i'm shure you will get a 'friendly' visit/attention from the police.)

click,
jaka zeleznikar