Inke Arns on Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:18:26 +0200

Re: Syndicate: future

hey,

i just unsubscribed from the Syndicate list. I feel relieved and am eager
to start a new list. looking forward to a time when positive feedback it
overweighing negative feedback once again, like in the first years of the
Syndicate.

At 12:33 16.08.01 +0200, Andreas Broeckmann wrote:
>like yourself, i am not in favour of a filtered list; i think we should
>again attempt to create a list that can remain open and that has a shared
>understanding about dos and don'ts among the subscribers, like this list

absolutely. start small, don't grow fast, remain personal (in a way)

>had for a long time. the fact that this shared understanding has
>disappeared here is a pity, but as i seem to be in the repressive minority,
>i admit defeat. let's be more careful next time. i am very disappointed

oh, I have been disappointed about how things were going on this list for
quite some time now. perhaps we should think about the possibility of
"filtering" requests for subscription. I.e. only allow people on the list
who are interested in what's going on. and we should act more quickly if
things are going in the wrong direction.

>about how this thing went, but it is a miracle that the whole thing lasted

yes, definitely. but now it's time to move on. and it feels good! it's time
for a redefinition, definitely!

greetings, inke

- http://www.v2.nl/~arns/