Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 13 Jan 1997 12:16:35 +0100

Justsystem Interspace Contest

from: http://www.justnet.or.jp/JIC/index-e.htm

JUSTSYSTEM INTERSPACE CONTEST

WHAT IS JIC?:
The JIC contest aims to discover and cultivate a new
generation of creators by soliciting a broad range of
ideas and projects that have the potential of
becoming new means of network expression. More than
just another home page contest, it's a place where
people working on new means of expression can gather
 to realize their ideas - and it's open to everyone.
 Our aim is to connect the spaces you create in order
 to foster a whole new kind of network culture. The
 Grand Prize is 1,000,000 Yen.
 With this contest, Just System hopes to create and
 develop a new kind of Cyberspace Culture.

 COOPERATION: THE MAINICHI NEWSPAPERS
 BACKING FROM: Nippon Telegraph and Telephone
 Corporation
 INCUBATOR:
 Here, an "incubator" is someone who cultivates potential. Our
 incubators are in charge of evaluating entries and helping all
 participants to maximize their potential by giving them
 continuous feedback.

 <Incubators>
 [*]Hiroshi ARAMATA (Writer)
 [*]Yumehito INOUE (Writer)
 [*]Mariko OHHARA (Writer)
 [*]Junichiro KIDA (Writer, critic)
 [*]Peter BARAKAN (Broadcaster)
 [*]Masaki FUJIHATA (Computer Artist)
 [*]Gento MATSUMOTO (Graphic Designer)
 [*]Yuko MATSUMOTO (Writer)
 [*]Keigo MISAKI (Writer)
 [*]Masahiro MIWA (Composer,Professor of International Academy of
 Media Arts and Science)

 <Special Incubators>
 [*]Tetsuo TOKIZAWA (Editor in Chief, THE MAINICHI NEWSPAPERS
 JamJam)
 [*]Akio OHSHIMA (General Manager, Multimedia Business Dept.,
 Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation)
 [*]Kazunori UKIGAWA (President, Justsystem Corporation)

 HOW TO ENTER

 - We're interested in anything that works on a network, from
 hypertext novels to electronic picture-card shows and other
 multimedia creations. We're also looking for projects based on
 new perspectives - like unique network creations that take
 advantage of the interactive nature of the Internet.
 - We welcome plans and proposals that describe precisely what
 you'd like to do on the network and include details on things
 like cost and feasibility. Your proposals will be made public, so
 that incubators can provide feedback. Anyone interested in
 participating in or producing your project can also contact us.
 Have a knack for things like 3-D illustrations, music or
 networks? Why not use your skills to collaborate on these
 projects?

 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

 HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
 Please send us your entry along with your participation form.

 ENTRY OUTLINE - Click here.
 Be sure to include URLs if your site is already up and running or
 if you're submitting something via removable media.
 If your project is for a special network, please confer with us
 at the time of your application. If your entry consists only of a
 plot, composition or proposal, please be sure to send us the
 details along with your participation form.

 QUALIFICATIONS

 * Everyone is welcome, regardless of nationality, age, gender or
 occupation. No distinction will be made between professionals and
 amateurs.
 * You may participate as a group or as an individual.
 * All entries must be in either Japanese or English.

[snip]
 PRIZES & BENEFITS

 -Grand Prize: 1,000,000 Yen
 -Other Prizes: 100-500 thousand Yen
 Awards from Incubators
 Awards from Sponsors

 We'll consider publishing the winners on our network, via CD-ROM,
 in book form, etc. The medium will be determined mainly by the
 nature of the project.
 After the contest, we'll provide the winners with a place where
 they can collaborate with incubators and others on new
 activities.
 Copyrights for all projects belong to the producers. Publishing
 rights, however, are the property of Justsystem Corporation.

 ITINERARY

 Monday, March 31, 1997 - First Mid-term Announcement
 Monday, June 30, 1997 - Second Mid-term Announcement
 Tuesday, September 30, 1997 - Final Cut-off for Entry
 Friday, November 28, 1996 - Announcement of Winners & Awarding of Prizes

 MAIL TO:
 Justsystem Interspace Contest Secretariat
 Publishing Dept.
 Justsystem Corporation
 Aoyama Bldg. 1-2-3 Kita-Aoyama
 Minato-ku, Tokyo 107 JAPAN
 Email: jic@jsn.justnet.or.jp
 FAX: 81-3-5412-3936
 * Inquiries will be accepted by mail, FAX, or post.

http://www.justnet.or.jp/JIC/index-e.htm