Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:49:08 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Prix Ars .Net Judging Article

>i actually wonder how much of any site is looked at by all the judges..
>>>any other horror stories out there?

given the number of completely useless sites that get submitted (incl. the
Rochester Mounted Police Homepage ...) it's not possible to look at
everything at length; but at the prix ars .net jury we did look at
everything, and at those things which were not disqualfied immediately, at
some length. to make the jurying process manageable it will be vital to
raise the threshold of submissions, which is really a responsibility of the
artists to be very considerate about the projects that they want to propose.

>i have  a few stories about
>other artists ars experiences including  a cdrom being returned unopened in
>its shrinkwrap packaging with the generic thankyou letter saying how
>carefully the entry had been considered..

i'm sure these things happen; and i have stories of submitted sites which
are offline, inoperable virtual worlds, people who submit web projects on
floppies or cds because they don't work via the net, etc.

greetings,
-a