Andrej Tisma on Fri, 30 Oct 1998 01:26:01 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Hack Slobo

Marko you wrote:

> not again. i hope that you will stop with this isults in the time:

I would never write on this issues "again", believe me, and I am the
last one who wishes to do that, because I got enough problems here (you
know the NATO threats with bombing, KLA still killing, kidnapping
civilians, journalists etc), surely I got more problems than you there,
so I do not like to write about this. My life is not easy, and not so
funny, as you might think.
I am the first one who would like to write on art, creativity problems,
to collaborate in artistic projects with you.
I am still doing art, digital collages, web.art, I write on digital arts
for daily newspaper, magazines and online art magazine. That is my
profession.
But Geert's yesterday's email on this list was a provocation. And he did
it deliberately. So don't accuse me for taking "again" this issue,
because I was directly provoked by a member of this list. He, or some
"ivo" whose letter he forwarded to this list, was making jokes about
"the heavenly race," loosing its ground war, and he was thinking of my
country and its president. So I was provoked. Otherwise I would never
take that issue.
I do not remember that I used any insults toward Geert to whom the
letter was addressed. If words "censor" and "provocateur" are insults
for you, I can prove that those words fit perfectly to him, and they are
facts, and he knows why.

> - YOUR army hasn´t moved out of Kosovo despite promises

No, our army will not move completely from Kosovo, because it is still
our country. Yugoslavian Army will always control Yugoslavian territory.
Is that strange for you? It is also stated in the agreement that our
president made with USA and NATO representatives. Our 15.000 soldiers
and 10.000 policemen will stay in Kosovo, the same number as before
March this year when clashes began. That is in the agreement too, and
you should know about that fact. Other troops are withdrawn and monitors
are satisfied.

> - YOUR president and the government has allied himself heavily with the
> local right wing (nothing new) to control and dismantle whatever was
> left and set up from the independent media

That about media is not true. Some newspapers were stopped in the time
(few days) during the NATO threats to bomb our country. It was pre-war
situation, and those so called independent media were publishing
disinformation to frighten our people, to corrode their moral for
defending the country. They were stopped in that dangerous moment of
country's defense and I am sure every country would do the same.Now all
those magazines are again free, but they do not want to publish. In the
meantime the information law was changed, so they now have to pay huge
amount of money (to 100.000 DM) if they publish disinformation. So now
they are afraid to publish their lies, and stopped publishing.

> - YOU better do something!

I am doing what I can, but I can't do much. The  USA and EU should make
more pressure on native Albanians now (with same power they supported
their fight all the time) to accept negotiations, and on KLA to free
kidnapped journalists, and about 100 kidnapped Serb civilians. Now a
great deal of things is in hands of YOUR politicians.
I hope we will stop here with this discussion. My aim was not to bother
anybody.

Sincerely,
Andrej