Melentie Pandilovski on Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:33:35 +0100

Syndicate: Syndicate of Net-Artists

Dear Melinda, Igor, and other Net Artists,

I think that we have started a really interesting debate with
ideas about the treatment of Net-Art and Net Artists.
I am glad that it is happening on the Syndicate list
but do to the large corpus of issues it covers
perhaps we could set a separate list for the interested.

I asked earlier today the question:

"A Syndicate of Net-Artists?
Could it be of some use to the Net-Artists?"

Here I did not mean only the presentation on the WWW Festivals,
or the presence on some physical location, but I meant even wider issues
such as the presence of the Net-projects on the Internet itself.
It could be worth something to someone!

Can we form some transcontinental body which could promote/protect the
rights of Net-Artist? Do you think there is a need for this?
Do you think that this is over ambitious?
Perhaps it is OK?

Melentie Pandilovski