Zmago Kralj on Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:37:55 +0100

Syndicate: SF~SF

From: "Zmago Kralj" <zmago_kralj@hotmail.com>
Subject: SF~SF
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:53:21 PST

Overflow with commercial crap, Bay Area newspapers dedicate a remarkable
number of columns in regards to current NATO air raids on Yugoslavia.
Former reports about the crisis can hardly compare with current ones in
quantity. Paging through and swallowing every peace of information with
painful bitterness, I finally came across the sentence that swiftly
revealed to me the essence of the NATO-Yugoslav conflict. In the text
written by Ms. Laura Myers, Associated Press, in FridayÃ?s San Francisco
Examiner, she quoted the Starr Report hero in a recent appeal to the
Serbian people, saying:Ã? Right now heÃ?s (Slobodan Milosevic) forcing
your sons to keep fighting a SENSELESS conflict that you did not ask for
and that he could have prevented.Ã?
There are few eye-catching segments and some obvious grammatical
incorrectness in this sentence. First of all, we are not talking about
conflict any more, but conflicts. However, since the first day of
bombardment SF Examiner entitled the entire section Ã?Attack on
Yugoslavia.Ã? Now we have Attack on Yugoslavia and Mr. ClintonÃ?s
characterization of the conflict as senseless. Interesting! San
Francisco Chronicle, for example, the same section with reports from the
battlefield named Ã? Kosovo in Crisis.Ã? Soft but acceptable! Clap, clap.
Furthermore, according to the citation, Serbian people didnÃ?t ask for
the conflict. Which one? And how come that in one case NATO fully
respects Serbain peopleÃ?s opinion and in the other case the same
organization absolutely ignores it. Hmmm, somethingÃ?s really wrong with
those damn Serbs.
In the same text Ms. Myers mentioned Ms. Madeleine AlbrightÃ?s pitch to
Serbs in her fluent Serbo-Croatian. So, there still exists that two-name
Slovene language. Thank God my struggle with its complicated grammar
wasnÃ?t pissing in the wind?
And there is that Yugoslavia again. Which one? IsnÃ?t it proclaimed
Serbia and Montenegro instead? It could be that Yugoslavia is the newly
coined term for Military Experimentation Target Area (in larger public
known in its abbreviated form - META).
More! The text is illustrated with Silkroute Oriental RugsÃ? add for
their Ã?Huge Liquidation Sale!Ã? Disgusting.
Now, put your self in the position of a common San Francisco Examiner
reader and try to realize whatÃ?s going on in the Balkans.
Other than that, everything else is under control.
Zmago Kralj
P.S.
Pulitzer brow-nosers, this is the right time to grab some cash.