Slobodan Markovic on Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:56:15 +0200

Syndicate: You Too

    I've been listening U2's "War" album whole day... damn good...

    As soon as Yevgenie Primakov left Belgrade sirens announced
    new air-raid on Belgrade. I used to run to shelter only when
    I could see the sky was burning, but not now...

        SECONDS (U2, WAR, 1983)

        It takes a second to say goodbye, say goodbye
        It takes a second to say goodbye, say goodbye,
        Say bye-bye, where are you going to now?

        Fall, rise and... Fall, rise and...
        Lightning flashes across the sky,
        From east to west you do or die
        Like a thief in the night
        You see the world by candlelight

    ...now I'm lying on the bed in my room listening to distant
    detonations. My mood is like the weather over Belgrade - rainy.

        THE REFUGEE (U2, WAR, 1983)

        War
        She is a refugee, I see her face
        I see her staring back at me

        War
        She is a refugee, her momma say
        One day she's gonna live in America

        In the morning she is waiting
        Waiting for her ship to sail
        Sail away

        Here
        She's got a heart

        War
        Poppa go to war, he go to fight
        But he don't know what for

        War
        Poppa go to war, her mama say
        One day, he's gonna come back from far away

        In the evening, she is waiting
        Waiting for her man to come
        And take her by the hand
        And take her to this promised land

        War
        She is a pretty face
        Born at the wrong time, and in the wrong place

        War
        She is a pretty face, her mama say
        One day she's gonna live in America (Yeah, America)

        War
        She is a pretty face, her mama say
        One day she's gonna live in America

        War
        She is a refugee, she'll come up and dance
        She'll keep you company

        War
        She is a pretty face, her mama say
        One day she's gonna live in America