Andreas Broeckmann on Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:34:08 +0100

Re: Syndicate: anthropologists by way of vuk and andreas

Frederic Madre <fmadre@wanadoo.fr>:
>hola! I find this statement very offensive. I imagine someone with a
>little black book taking notes, ticking off names, then closing the little
>black book and putting it back in his jacket pocket.
>I have a fertile imagination maybe and you were simply too fast on the keys.

dear frederic,
i know what you mean and would ask you not to picture a little black book,
but a situation in which, after the war, people will be repositioning
themselves according to the outcome. this is about a responsible way of
positioning yourself in the current conflict. for the anthrop.soc to
describe the current situation as terrorist attacks on the peace-loving
multi-cultural serb society is in my eyes morally offensive and shameful,
and certainly something that they should be reminded of in the future. i
don't kill or black-list people.
by the way, whatever happened to that guy rugova and other opposition
leaders in kosovo? surely, the peace-loving serb police force in kosovo
wouldn't carry little black books, would they? naa, c'mon, why should they?
you have far too much of a fertile imagination, surely.
no offence,
-a