Adele Eisenstein on Sun, 4 Apr 1999 18:57:35 +0200 (METDST)

Syndicate: CRISIS in "Neutral Zone"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 09:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Adele and friends--

Last night's call from R spoke exactly to your main point.  We
didn't have a good connection but as far as I could understand, she feels
that humanitarian aid is no longer the point.  There is aid on the
Macedonian side of the border, but little is reaching into the Neutral
Zone (except for individuals like herself bringing in bags of
supplies.  She felt she saw only 7 westeners in the NeutralZone
yesterday.  The danger now exists in the miles-long line of refugees
still on the Serbian side of the border.  They have no food, water or
shelter. They've been there for days.  They are starting to die.  She again
urges us all to speak with all we know and pressure
authorities to open our own borders and pledge to take in refugees.
This seems to be the measure that will encourage Macedonians to open
the borders now.

...She is determined to spend
her days in the Neutral Zone bringing in as many supplies as she can.

information: http://www.v2.nl/east/
mail archive: http://www.v2.nl/mail/v2east/current/