Arthur Bueno on Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:51:38 +0200

Re: Syndicate: new name for htba building

Congratulations with the new building. About your name suggestions (How
nice to read something more trivial every now and then).

>The Centre for Time Based Arts
Seems crisp and clear to me. I always thought the time-element makes for a
major division between the artforms. Not sure why it always should be a
centre, why not a "building", "society" or whatever

?

>Time Based Centre
NO, very bad, I already have a time-based washing machine, alarm clock,
libido, bank acount, and don't need a centre as well. Its the Arts I need?

>The Time Base
True, a centre might also be a base, and a base might eat up a centre, or
an art-centre for that matter.

>Time Base
As you clearly aren't in favour of many words, I suggest:

The Basement
The Base
Base
TBA