Arthur Bueno on Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:24:54 +0200

Syndicate: INVITATION

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:31:10 +0200
From: Kalina Bunevska <kalina@scca.org.mk>

THE CONTEMPORARY ART CENTER
and
MUSEUM OF THE CITY OF SKOPJE

cordially invites You to attend the opening of the exhibition

ARTISTS & REFUGEES

Friday, 23.07.1999, 9 PM
Museum of the City of Skopje

Participants of the Project:

· Ismet Ramicevic - Pain + Food = Souvenir
· Violeta Capovska - 300,000
· Ljupka Deleva - Album with Memories
· Emil Petrov and Kristina Miljanovska - Labyrinth
· Robert Jankuloski - Red Line
· Zaneta Vangeli - The F.Y.R.O.M. Experiment
· Elizabeta Avramovska - United States of America Disaster Relief
· Milcho Manchevski - Stenkovec, Vase - Veles]
· Stefan Saskov and Lara Taskovska - Abandoned Eternity
· Natasa Dimitrievska and Biljana Tanurovska - Can You Hear Me Talking

The project Artists & Refugees represents an attempt to investigate the
visual
language of the theme burdening us at the end of this millennium in the
region of the Balkans, as well as to raise  questions about information
and interpretation of information. The artists have tried to investigate
the events, relations, causes, entering as deeply as possible into
various levels of the Balkan conflict, retaining their critical
awareness of the context, and trying to analyze the mutations of the
situation on the Balkans and its particular complex routes such as war,
which is constantly appearing as a means of primitive solution of
problems in the region.
They have as a result created a mosaic of 10 art works
covering human destinies, disapointments, sufferings, tensions, passing
themselves through a battlefield of emotions in which it was not
possible to remain non-responding, and ethically neutral.

It is our hope that the project Artists & Refugees will serve
the purpose of directing the viewpoint of our society towards the urging
of a constant research of deeply human themes, observing, detecting, and
understanding the raised questions and burdening problems, as well as in
conveying to others the specifics of our situation.

Melentie Pandilovski, curator of the project