Ryan Griffis on Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:47:46 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> experimental politics of the state

i thought this, in some strange way, pertained to what
Brian Holmes brought up in the presentation at the
Tate. but rather than imagine disembodied/borderless
states, US libertarians are planning to use states
borders to gain a critical mass of consensus, with
guns.

Libertarians Pursue New Goal: State of Their Own
By PAM BELLUCK
The Free State Project aims to recruit libertarians
from
across the country to move to New Hampshire to make
the
state a laboratory for libertarian politics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/27/national/27LIBE.html?th";
I don't like to go places that don't let me have my
gun," said Ms. Casey, 33, who sells memberships to a
Las Vegas survivalist training institute and models
for comic books (her likeness has graced the cover of
one called Reload). Her New Hampshire plans include
starting eight businesses "because nine out of every
10 fail, and I've already started two, so I need to do
eight more."

"I want to be a billionaire in my lifetime," she
added, "and I don't want to live among people who
think that's bad."