Robert van Heumen on Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:12:03 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] [ STEIM ] Reminder: Year-Ending program

Reminder: STEIM Year-Ending program

Wednesday, December 19 - Special concert with selected performers by 2007 Artistic Advisors
Thursday, December 20 - STEIM presentations on activities of '07 and future directions of '08 + Introducing Artistic Advisors of 2008 (reservations required)

-----------------------------------
Year-Ending Concert - Selected performers by STEIM's Artistic Advisors 2007

Stephane Rives (FR) - Saxophone - Mazen Kerbaj's selection
Julien Ottavi (FR) - Voice, computer, meta-percussion - Atau Tanaka's selection
Arnaud Rivière (FR) - Turntable, objects, electronics - Takuro Mizuta Lippit's selection
Tom Tlalim (NL/IS) - Computer, electronics - STEIM's selection

Date: Wednesday, December 19
Venue: STEIM, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134, Amsterdam
Time: 20.30 hrs.
Entrance: 5 euros
Reservations and more information: knock@steim.nl or 020-6228690

We have asked the three artistic advisors of 2007 to each select a performer to close this year's concert series. What we got is a fantastic program that will most likely show us what musicianship and instrumentalism means beyond the tools that are being used.

-----------------------------------
STEIM presentation - Wrapping up 07, looking to 08

In 2007, STEIM saw many new developments. Three artistic advisors from very different backgrounds brought in new projects, new collaborations and new networks from around the world. A diverse group of artists came to work on projects ranging from sonification of navigational data to hand-made analog neural networks. The Mobile Touch Exhibition has toured extensively with much success, and research into the Wii controller and Second Life has been fruitful. We would like to wrap up all the things that took place this year and try to present what we have discovered as trends and movements in our scene.
We would also like to introduce the two new artistic advisors for 2008, Tina Blaine (a.k.a. Bean) and Tarek Atoui. Both of them will fly in to give presentations about their extended work in collaborative tools and workshops for children.
Whether you are a regular or someone new to STEIM, this will be a great chance to hear about what we have been up to and what we plan in the near feature. Reservations will be needed but everyone is welcome.

about Tina Blaine
http://www.jamodrum.net/bio.html

about Tarek Atoui
http://vredevanutrecht.com/kunstinoorlog/2006/09/24/empty-cans/
http://www.todaysart.nl/2007/artists/Tarek_Atoui/85/29/info.ta07

recent STEIM activities
http://www.steim.org/projectblog/
http://www.steim.org/concertblog/

Venue: STEIM, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134, Amsterdam
Time: 16.00 hrs.
Entrance: free (Reservations Needed)
Registration and more information: knock@steim.nl or 020-6228690

STEIM
(studio for electro instrumental music)
(studio voor elektro instrumentale muziek)

Achtergracht 19
1017 WL Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Tel: 020-6228690