Jo van der Spek M2M on Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:43:59 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] Steun voor gevangen migranten

[bij uitzondering een bericht van stichting Migrant to Migrant in het Engels, ook om door te geven]

this a call to support the work of he Migrant to Migrant Foundation

Their names are Blaise, Mohamed, Ricky

Three among the thousands of migrants in detention in Holland.
Blaise just spent 2 weeks in isolation. This was his punishment for fighting
against his deportation.
Mohamed is now almost one year detained at Schiphol Oost. He will soon be
out on the street without money or rights. He has to rely on friendship to
survive.
Ricky is a traumatized victim of the Schiphol Fire, and once again detained
to be deported. He has a criminal record, which weighs heavier than the
responsibility of the state for the fire that caused his trauma.

These three migrants need to talk with friends, lawyers and doctors.
Like anybody else they need to talk with their families around the world.
They call on M2M to ask for help, to find their way out of injustice.
For themselves and for their brothers on the block.
And they ask M2M to give them phone cards.
M2M is doing just that since March 2009.

We organized awareness and support for the detained migrants in Schiphol
Oost, Alphen aan den Rijn and Zaandam. We recorded their calls, we visited
them and received them when they were released. In return they acted in
solidairity with Ahmed Issa during his trial.
Sali, the young guy from Ghana, never gave up and kept the spirit high. He
made a rap for Ahmed Issa which he performed in the Worldhouse, after his
release, and on the phone to Ahmed Issa in Libya:

http://m2m.streamtime.org/uploads/2009/October/Sali_raps_4_Ahmed_Issa_edited.mp3

M2M is here to make connections, to communicate, as migrants to migrants. We
do this without a penny of subsidy, as an independent founadation.

http://m2m.streamtime.org/index.php/about/

M2M received in the last years some 700 Euro from Dutch speakers to
contribute to the costs of telephone calls.

Now we ask our English readers to make a similar contribution.
Please donate 10 euro to M2M so we can continue to provide this human right
to communicate.

Our bank account is on the contact page of M2M:

http://m2m.streamtime.org/index.php/contact/

You can also buy a phone card (Cobra, LIPS, Eurocity)yourself and send the code to M2M.

thanks a lot!