Richard Reekers on Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:14:28 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] Closure | Re: another contribution to the thread (from alan shapiro)

Listen, this is getting out of hand.

You appointed to FB in your first post. I don't care weather it's your page or not. You use it.

Facebook is a hightec, diversity killing, mega company, with no vision on the future but high/hypertec solutions. Ergo: at least a precursor of transhumanist times. I was indeed too quick to put openly your message down just by seeing facebook. You're right, I don't know you at all.

All the best with your 'thing'.

I pasted the original message underneath, so I'm out of the equation now.

Richard

[Nettime-nl] Alan Shapiro in Amsterdam
To: nettime-nl {AT} nettime.org
Subject: [Nettime-nl] Alan Shapiro in Amsterdam
From: Geert Lovink <geert {AT} xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 16:29:50 +0100
From: "Alan Shapiro" <Alan.Shapiro {AT} gmx.de>
Date: 3 March 2012 3:22:41 PM

I will be in Amsterdam March 14 doing a lecture-performance at this event sponsored by the Sandberg Institute:

http://www.facebook.com/events/276319435772256/

http://allevents.in/Amsterdam/AGE-ISM-Lecture-Series-March-14,-21-and-28,-The-Dirty-Art-Department/276319435772256http://www.alan-shapiro.com/lecture-performance-in-amsterdam-alan-n-shapiro-and-regan-obrien/This is an all-day event, from 10 am to 6 pm. And again on March 28.Best, Alan----- Original Message -----From: "Geert Lovink" <geert@xs4all.nl>To: <nettime-nl@nettime.org>Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 8:34 PMSubject: [Nettime-nl] another contribution to the thread (from alan shapiro)> From: "Alan Shapiro" <Alan.Shapiro@gmx.de>> Date: 6 March 2012 8:08:01 PM> Subject: another contribution to the thread>> I am not a transhumanist. So, Richard, please stop implying that you  havespent even 5 minutes reading my writings. You haven't the  slightest idea ofwhat my work is about. Please be more explicit  stating the truth that youare only interested in talking about  yourself. Stop projecting your fearsonto whom you imagine other  people to be.>> Marianne van den Boomen's comment about downloading Baudrillard's  brainis quite funny. At my website, I replied to a related comment  of hers. Ipaste the exchange here:>> Marianne van den Boomen: "rumour has it that Baudrillard will beattending". Uh? Baudrillard died in 2007.>> Alan N. Shapiro: A truly wonderful comment by Ms. van den Boomen.Baudrillard would have loved this! If you look at the programme of  theevent, you will see that there is going to be a reading of a  portion ofBaudrillard's seminal-iconic text "America," and that  this reading is goingto be performed by a performer "impersonating  Baudrillard." One of thecentral categories of Baudrillard's system  of thought is irony. Mystatement that Baudrillard will be attending  is made in the form of irony,not in the form of "literal  fact." (The English-language Wikipedia articleon Baudrillard had  his birthday incorrect for a long time until I correctedit.)>> I did not download Baudrillard's brain. I read all of his books.______________________________________________________* Verspreid via nettime-nl. Commercieel gebruik niet* toegestaan zonder toestemming. <nettime-nl> is een* open en ongemodereerde mailinglist over net-kritiek.* Meer info, archief & anderstalige edities:* http://www.nettime.org/.* Contact: Menno Grootveld (rabotnik@xs4all.nl).