monica on Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:49:22 +0100 (CET)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime-ann> Call for entries: VIDA 13.0 Art and Artificial Life International Awards
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, ada_list <Ada_list@list.waikato.ac.nz>
- Subject: <nettime-ann> Call for entries: VIDA 13.0 Art and Artificial Life International Awards
- From: monica <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:04:52 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:reply-to:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=kvO6FO72vC2BGTSrv31Zk8mgqxQstkrSjMjOQGveJFc=; b=ZiYVcOUh/sy0Qej7fKnM1kbHsE7thGP8EmDUr6fdhkEeAF0r1mdiqtnhV+gicaA+X9 qnNzJ2Qj8ckQfN36zjj+7kNs7WkyWehs8qCcMcSDN2QsMknw0cvM5R8Ex3ycSw9hSxX/ ulCpZ+1xtw9Ml33G0VJvcH19nSKvpuBXSvsL8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=XPooFaUCB2AOdphsgfbL+vlzgfz2RMkoRYFGzFBzfuJuhe+zglvGdua/bg+X8QUWvI /enW/+5FwcAykNF9Jdsfc4p9/1OoWlnFK+AWzfHe3c0IFsktaSYT8EPlEv0EPPI+cJfK 4lmhgpjozPS4N2RaxEUZyphlyvqSb90qEU18g=
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
.Call for entries: VIDA 13.0 Art and artificial life international awards
Deadline: 7th of November 2010
Fundación Telefonica announces the VIDA 13.0 Art & Artificial Life International Competition, which for the last twelve years has awarded prizes for artistic projects using technological mediums offering innovative approaches to research into life and artificial life.
At a time when the notion of life is once again located in an uncertain domain, a wide range of artistic initiatives come together to illustrate and investigate this phenomenon; they examine the impact on the collective conscience and the way it is manifested in cultural, technological and social thought.
Over the last decade, in the same formal space, VIDA has been bringing together interdisciplinary projects that respond to this situation. By means of formal strategies that defy the boundaries between existing practices, these projects offer new ways of reflecting on what we understand by life and artificial life.
There are two categories to the competition:
In this category VIDA 13.0 will award prizes to artistic ALife projects developed after 2008.
The sum of 40,000 Euros will be shared between the projects selected by the jury:
- First Prize: 18,000 Euros,
- Second Prize: 14,000 Euros
- Third Prize: 8,000 Euros.
In addition seven honourable mentions will be awarded.
In this category VIDA 13.0 helps to fund artistic ALife projects that have not yet been produced. This is aimed at citizens or residents of countries comprising Latin America, Spain and Portugal. The sum of 40,000 Euros will be shared between the selected projects.
mónica bello bugallo
artistic director of VIDA
art and artificial life international competition
nettime-ann mailing list