nettime's_mod_squad on Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:03:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> kein nettime-l

Dear nettimers,

For many years, through work and play, the nettime-l moderation team has
maintained this list from locations, both banal and exotic, around the
world with very little interruption. For lurkers, the break of the last
week probably seemed like the usual summer slack; but for those who sent
messages to the list, error message may have revealed that something was
afoot.

The Thing in NYC -- in particular, bbs.thing.net -- has been nettime-l's
home since July 1999. However, a reorganization of The Thing's energies
and resources has been long overdue. And that, in combination with server
problems, put the list offline for the longest time since it made its
first move, from desk.nl to a temporary home on material.net.

We'd like to offer our sincere thanks to thing.net, and the people who've
made bbs.thing.net such a fine home for nettime-l for eight years, almost
to the day. In particular, we'd like to thank Wolfgang Staehle for his
patient and generous support of the list (as well as many other excellent
projects in our neighborhood).

Nettime's new home is at kein.org. Kein currently hosts hundreds of lists
very effectively, so we're especially grateful to Florian Schneider for
graciously setting up the peculiar configuration this list needs. Really,
we couldn't have asked for a better technical or social environment.

Please not that nettime has now new addresses:

     -> to post to the list: nettime-l@kein.org

     -> to reach us: nettime@kein.org

     -> to un/sub: majordomo@list.kein.org

All the rest -- in particular, the archives at nettime.org, maintained
by Michael van Eeden at the Waag in Amsterdam -- will remain the same.

For those who automatically filter email and/or rely on the list's host
or headers to process list traffic, please note that this move will
probably require some effort on your part.

Ted Byfield
Felix Stalder

#  more info: majordomo@kein.org and "info nettime-l" in the msg body