Alexander Bard on Fri, 26 Oct 2018 14:28:22 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Identity and difference

Sure thing, dear David!
And I do not for one second doubt the sincerity of the members of these communities.
But where are they now? And if they are still around, what unites and strengthens them? A shared vision forward for all? Or an external abject that comfortably unites them as an excuse to not take the next step forward but rather comfortably enjoy the nostalgia of past achievements?
I see a lot more power coming out of young men following Jordan Peterson and young women following Camille Paglia these days. They just don't know how Marxist they actually are when they side with and understand the masses against the elites. That's where I'm heading. The Syntheist Node in Stockholm has tons of that forward-thinking and awareness of the end for a new grand narrative.
I spoke about Syntheism to a bunch of lovely ex-squatters in Holland three years ago. They loved the conversation. Then they smoked tons of weed and did nothing.
However the tantric people I build a new advanced whorehouse outside Amsterdam with are real doers. To me they are also the new genuine left. Talk is cheap, action is everything.
And a return to Marx is much much needed to get us out of the identitarian deadlock.
Best intentions
Alexander Bard
PS: And no, Deluezianism is not an identity, it is an ideological set of opinions which I'm happen to dump if somebody shows me something better; being gay, woman, black, can not be dumped, so are identities, but sub-categories to class and not first categories as Rousseauians would claim...