Joseph Rabie on Sat, 27 Oct 2018 14:28:25 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Identity and difference

Alexander addresses me with an injunction and second-guesses my answer: "What is your tactic? Further excuses for not dealing with the crisis of the left?"

My answer is that I do not have the slightest idea, and that anyone who claims to have one is either a liar, fool, or utopian dictator. And insofar as utopian dictatorship is concerned, Alexander espouses a "politico-theological project", a title that has all my alarm bells going.

Indeed, Alexander reduces the complexity of the world to a sterile, doctrinal dialectic that denies the sophistication of reality.

I regret being so disobliging, but in my opinion Alexander's prose is intellectual, political and literary logorrhoea, in no way conducive to dealing constructively with the issues at hand.

Joseph Rabie.