Annick Bureaud on Mon, 21 Sep 1998 22:09:21 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Improving Syndicate website, request for feedback

Dear Syndicates,

Annick Bureaud here. I am the editor of IDEA online. Arthur Bueno sent this
message recently.

>  a "who is who" in the syndicate.
> To set up the latter I may decide to collaborate with an existing
> artist-database like the IDEA <http://www.nunc.com/index.phtml>. There is a
> lot of information on syndicalists scattered throughout the mailinglist, of
> which I do not know whether it is up to date and if I have your permission
> to enter it in a syndicalists-database. If you like to be included, and
> don't mind the inevitable standard form, please take some time to fill in
> what you'd like to share with us.

I would be more than happy to help in providing a database through the IDEA
online one.If you want to be listed in IDEA online, it is easy, just go on the
site http://nunc.com. Select the update form and ... fill it. Please be as
precise as you can. If you want to know if you are already listed in IDEA and
if your information is acurate just type your family name in the dedicated
space on the search form. Note that IDEA online is also including
institutions, feel free to add them if they are missing.

One note : IDEA is a one person (me) work. So sometimes, when I am overload
with other works (or travelling) it may take some time to proceed your info,
mention in your entry form that you are a Syndicate member then I will proceed
your entry prior to the others.

Second note : to be listed in IDEA is free, to access IDEA is also free. I am
not funded to do that, if you have any good idea about me getting some money
out of it that would be great and help a lot.

Third note : currently there is one or 2 nasty little bugs to be fixed on IDEA
online due to a change in the software (for instance we have to re-write the
script because currently it does not take the accents into account which it
used to do. If you encounter problems, do the search through the country and
the category you are looking for instead of the proper name). I hope these
bugs to be solved in the near future.

If you have any reactions, comments, etc. they are welcome.

Best
Annick Bureaud

--
Annick Bureaud (bureaud@altern.org)